Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fly Free under the Blue Sky

As I sat down to pen something today, I thought can we really “Fly Free under the Blue Sky”? Not literally, but in essence do we feel free? I guess that again depends on how we define our freedom. Is it just having free time, feeling liberated or freedom of rights?

I am not going to talk on the mundane side of it, but decided to write about the first aspect – feeling free. So when do we actually feel free? The most obvious answer would be - On a Vacation. Our mind is relaxed and we are away from our daily monotonous tasks.
Now let me ask – Do we really feel free on a vacation? While most of us might reply ‘Yes’ instantaneously, the truth is in this tech savvy era we are never free- thanks a lot to our cell phone and tablets.

Not counting the James Bond (location surveillance) aspect of our cell phones, we are still interrupted by calls at dinner tables; the urgent emails from work, oh yeah the Facebook, What’s app, Instagram notifications and what not. Even if we decide to ignore those updates, the "Social Media Ghost" still lingers over and is present in our each and every Happy moment forcing us to click and share!
Active dinner Table conversations seem like distant past –
Oh Let me do a check in, 
Do I find any coupons, 
Let me look for tips and suggestions, 
Wow! Let me click the food, 
We really got to take a Selfie.
 
Biologically our Eyes need downtime from what I call the "Screen Fairy". Our body craves to be free.
Free to feel the morning whispers, free to feel the precious raindrops, free to breathe the cool breeze, free to relax in the water, free to listen to the humming birds, free to be ourselves.
Ancient sages have said, when the mind is free, one can meet thy consciousness and actually learn more about oneself! Let’s take some time and give ourselves the gift of this freedom, and then we can truly fly free under the Sky!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment